Strategically-located in South Asia, Pakistan is at the crossroads between East and West Asia. Pakistan's geographical location, a rapidly expanding transportation and communications infrastructure, and conducive business environment make it an investor-friendly destination.
The Government of Pakistan has provided a reliable IT infrastructure and its package of incentives have been instrumental in the IT industry's development. As a result, an increasing number of foreign IT companies have chosen Pakistan for their outsourcing operations.
These incentives include:
- Provision of low-rent Software Technology Parks (STPs), with fiber-optic connectivity, libraries and conference rooms.
- 100% ownership of equity allowed to investing foreign IT/ITeS companies.
- Income Tax exemption for IT companies till 2016.
- 100% repatriation of profits allowed to IT companies.
- Seven years' tax holiday for venture capital funds.
- Minimum rate of 30% depreciation on computer equipment.
- The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has allowed banks to open Internet Merchant Accounts.
- Availability of instant, reliable and high-speed connectivity.
- Over 85% of telecommunication infrastructure is on fiber-optic cables.
- Internet access is available in over 2000 cities/towns across Pakistan.
- Reduction in cost of 2 Mbps connection to US$ 500 to 700 per month.
- Call centers can avail redundant backup connectivity through Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL).